12/7/20 COVID-19 UPDATE FROM THE SCHOOL NURSE:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION and UPDATED GUIDELINES
January 28, 2021
- PLEASE DO NOT send your child to school if they are experiencing ANY symptoms of illness. Complete the daily symptom screener in Pick Up Patrol BEFORE your child gets to school, by 8:15 AM each morning.
- CALL or EMAIL the school nurse if your child does develop symptoms of any type. NJ Department of Health guidelines were updated on 1/19/21, and while we are still in the orange risk level, schools are no longer required to exclude close contacts of symptomatic students or staff, unless they live in the same household. If a student develops symptoms while in school, the student and siblings will be required to be picked up immediately. Close contacts of confirmed COVID-19 cases will be required to complete a 14-day quarantine according to NJ DOH guidelines, as is the current practice.
- DO continue to stress mask-wearing, hand washing, and social distancing with your child. Emphasis on these practices will continue to keep our staff and students safe.
- DO send in an extra mask, refillable water bottle, and a healthy snack with your child each day.
- If your child does develop symptoms they will need a negative COVID-19 test or complete an isolation period of at least 10 days, before returning to school. An alternate diagnosis from a healthcare provider is no longer acceptable per current NJDOH guidelines.
- In accordance with the Department of Health guidelines (DOH) we will be requiring students to quarantine for 10 days post travel outside of the tri-state area. Please notify the nurse of ALL travel plans.